Storyblok is making requests to the preview URL when story's parent folder is set to "disable visual composer"

Hi, Storyblok is making requests to the Preview URL when the story’s parent folder is set to “disable visual composer”.

For example, when I am editing a story whose parent folder is set to set to “disable visual composer”, I can see in the Chrome dev tools network panel that Storyblok is making requests to the preview URL. Since the visual composer is disabled, there is no need for Storyblok to make a request to the preview URL.

The expected result is that no requests to the preview URL are made if “disable visual composer” is selected on the parent folder.

Side notes: The folder that is set to “disable visual composer” contains files that are for data retrieval and are not associated with any specific URLs. Also, some stories in the folder have a real_path value.

Storyblok making requests to the preview URL when the story is set to “disable visual composer” causes me the following issue:
While editing stories, Storyblok undesirably makes requests to preview URLs that do not exist. This triggers our error notification system and my inbox fills up with error notification emails.

Is there a way to prevent Storyblok from making requests to the preview URL when story’s parent folder is set to “disable visual composer”?

Hello @edtalmadge,

thank you for the report! Do you have this issue with V1 only or also with the V2 UI?

Best regards
Hannes

Thanks Hannes.
I have this issue with V1. I haven’t tried to replicate on V2.

1 Like

Thank you for confirming that!

I added this as a feature request to our feedback page: Add possibility to select owner of a space as approver - Feature Requests - Storyblok

Best regards
Hannes

1 Like

Thanks Hannes. I think you may have commented on the wrong post though? This one is about requests to the preview URL. I know what you are referring to though, this one: Can collaborator with "Owner" role also be an Approver? - #2 by Hannes

Hello @edtalmadge,

oh, yes I’m sorry, you’re right! The answer should have been for the post Can collaborator with "Owner" role also be an Approver?

I will forward your message to my colleagues for further discussion on the topic and keep you updated.

Best regards
Hanens

Hello @edtalmadge,

I checked that with my colleagues and this doesn’t happen in the V2 of the UI. I will check with the developers if this will still be change in V1 as the release of the v2 UI is already pretty close (End of Q1 2022 - Storyblok V2 - Storyblok)

Best regards
Hannes

1 Like

Hello @edtalmadge,

I checked this with my colleagues and unfortunately, we can’t deactivate the iframe as we have customers who are having a callback logic in their preview apps that rely on the iframe being active even when in form only mode but this will be considered for V2.

Best regards
Hannes

Got it, thanks @Hannes. As a solution, we could update our code to check routes corresponding to the stories where the visual composer is disabled. But, yes, that would be great if this could be fixed in V2.

1 Like