Only hide folders if no sub content is permitted

I would love to N/A all the folders that a user doesn’t have permission to use, but let’s say I have this setup where I for some reason have 2 sections requiring a mix of private and public folders within them. Fx. I don’t want the Content Creator to be able to create stories inside “Regions” folders:

• Section 1

• Regions
      • Story
    • Cases (Permitted)
      • Story
    • Products (Permitted)
      • Story
      • Story
  • Section 2

• Regions
      • Story
    • Cases (Permitted)
      • Story
    • Products (Permitted)
      • Story
      • Story

Right now, if I enable “Hide folders if unauthorized” then both Section 1 and Section 2 will become N/A making it impossible for the editor to add entries to the permitted sub folders. (Fun fact / crazy thing: They can still navigate into the N/A sections if the user has a direct link for the section it seems, but that’s another thing.)

To solve this problem, I naturally go in and then also permits the two Sections:

• Section 1 (Permitted)

• Regions
      • Story
    • Cases (Permitted)
      • Story
    • Products (Permitted)
      • Story
      • Story
  • Section 2 (Permitted)

• Regions
      • Story
    • Cases (Permitted)
      • Story
    • Products (Permitted)
      • Story
      • Story

This however also auto permits the Regions folders. That makes sense somewhat. I did just say that the user should have access to the sections folder, but it’s not what I wanted.

Suggestion:
Before I started adding permission to the section folders, wouldn’t it have been possible for the CMS to trawl down the tree structure and see if any sub content is permitted for the user group? I would think that was the most natural thing.
…Of course the user shouldn’t be permitted to create entries in any of the parent folders that they don’t have “real” permission to use, but they should be allowed to navigate through them down to entries or folders they are allowed to use.